HistoryWired About the Program Help Comments Smithsonian Institution
back
Two vases made at Newcomb College Pottery
Enlargement
The pottery at Newcomb College, Tulane University’s women’s college, was established in 1895, and allowed female students to study the art of designing, decorating, and later forming ceramics. The piece on the left was designed in 1906, probably by Mazie T. Ryan. The vase on the right was designed by Henrietta D. Bailey in 1913.

Left: Gift of Tulane University of Louisiana, Newcomb College of Art Department
Catalog No. 237987

Right: Catalog No. 290222

Negative Number 82-43

Social History Division, NMAH


Start HistoryWired | About the Program | Help | Comments

Smithsonian Institution | Terms of Use | Privacy